Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Next Girls' Night

It's been suggested to use this wonderful site for planning the next GNO and seeing that I have the role of planning this month, thought I'd do a post for ideas from all you ladies. Thanks, Jenna for setting up the blog. It's fun!

Anyway, a few ideas I had were Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs, but I'm open to suggestions or even having a dessert night at my house (although I probably wouldn't want my address broadcast over the internet - I'm paranoid of putting my own last name on my blog!) So because of Karrie's virus, maybe Email still makes the most sense over using Evite and is probably the easiest way.

For the date, I'm thinking the last Sunday - the 31st. I'll send out an email once we get some of the ideas worked out.

13 comments:

The Donegans said...

Unfortunately we'll be in Nebraska for Labor Day weekend:(

Karrie said...

Where are you going in Nebraska? Just curious:-)

The Donegans said...

Stinkin' Lincoln baby!!! My good friend just had a baby so we're going to visit:)

Jenna Hoskinson said...

mmmm, PF Changs sounds marvelous and I haven't been there in forever! I vote for that.

Karrie said...

Amanda-hope you have fun! So funny. When I was in elementary school I lived in small town western NE (Mitchell-pop. 1500) and when we would visit my great aunt/uncle in Lincoln I seriously thought it was HUGE! It wasn't until I was in college that I found out that Lincoln's pop was only like 150K and a little smaller than the town I was going to college in (Lubbock) which by then I considered barely a medium-sized town. Amazing how your perspective changes:-)

The Donegans said...

I went to visit (after being raised in So Cal) and thought "oh my goodness who could live in such an itty bitty town, and how strange that the entire state is filled w/ crazy Husker fans:) But now I think "small towns" have a lot to offer:)

Janice said...

I didn't even realize that's the Sunday in the middle of Labor Day weekend. I imagine other folks will also be out of town that day as well. Since we'll be in Omaha, Nebraska the weekend before that for my cousin's wedding, what do you gals think about changing it to Sunday, Sept 7th instead?

Jenna Hoskinson said...

either the 31st or the 7th work fine for me.

The Donegans said...

Sept 7th works for me:) It's just too far away:( I need a GNO every other night:)

The Donegans said...

Oh and PF Changs sounds yummy!!!! Another thought...we could always try and catch a cheap movie one afternoon as well:)

Karrie said...

Amanda-see what you need to understand is that "I will be a Husker fan for life" is actually stamped on your birth certificate if you're NE born;-) And my family is getting ready to be even MORE rabid this football season b/c my 2nd (or 3rd?) cousin just got a walk-on scholarship to play for the Huskers. Oh my...my great uncle is literally walking on air right now:-)

I can make it the 31st, but we'll be in Cape Cod on 9/7. No biggie though...whatever works for everyone is fine with me! Oh...and PF Changs is always a tasty option!:-)

Pdub said...

Ok....so I can't make 9/7 either as I will helping Susie with her Glory Days event all weekend. You girls have fun and I will hopefully be able to hang out with you gals the NEXT time!! ; )

Kirsten said...

The 7th works for me...and PF Chang's sounds fab. I even have the perfect joke for the occasion. Did I spell occasion correctly? That looks weird to me...eye kant spel gud!!!

K